Hiya! Believe me when I say I know the struggle of having a billion spots on your face and you just want to get rid of them. I’ve been there. I only ever get spots on my forehead and some of them look like my very own personal volcano haha. Now don’t get me wrong I still have a few spots here and there, now and then but here is how I managed to basically get clear skin:
- Drinking PLENTY of water – people don’t take drinking water seriously but it is absolutely vital if you want glowing skin. Do not take water for granted guys. It helps. A lot! I know drinking the recommended 2 litres a day seems a lot but at least try to drink 1 litre. On average I’d say I drink between 1-1.5 litres a day.
- Consuming less fats and oils – oily foods are your worst enemy. Eating lots of greasy food contributes to giving you more spots. The less oily foods you eat the better. Now I’m not saying don’t eat them at all, I’m just suggesting to eat a moderate amount. So no binge eating McDonald’s.
- Wash your face twice a day – washing your face often means that you’re getting rid of excess oil and dirt. A clean face is a happy face. Find a face wash that works well for you and use it twice a day (in the morning and before bed).
- Moisturising your face – if you don’t moisturise your face then your body will over produce its own oils which isn’t good. Just apply a bit of moisturiser after washing your face.
- Steam your face – when you go to a sauna or steam room it opens up your pores which cleanses them. However, you don’t need to go to a steam room to do so. You can either purchase a face steamer or fill a bucket of boiling hot water and simply hover your face over it (this has to be done with caution). Place a towel over your head and the bucket so it stops the water vapour from escaping. Steaming your face once a week will help to give your skin a nice glow because it gets rid of the excess oil.
Note: NEVER EVER pop a spot! EVER! Popping spots leaves scares. Additionally, using toothpaste on a spot isn’t good either and it will dry the spot out and leave a scar.
Those are my 5 tips on how I keep my skin nice and clear, I hope you find them useful and that they help you as much as they help me.